Thursday, February 21, 2008

too much too much.

Too much of something is usually not a good thing. Over my 24 years (almost 25) I have learn the simple fact that everything works in moderation. The one exception would be cinnamon gum. There is no amount that I can really enjoy when it comes to cinnamon flavor.

Last week I drank too much. I think I had two nights where I actually passed out. That’s not cool. I really try to keep it to a one-night max (joke). But really it has been nice to get back into the week and start sober and refreshed.

Sundays have a way of resetting my schedule. I try to make it to church every weekend not for the sake of it “making me better than others” but for the sake of a solid grounding for myself. Sundays give me order and bring me back to reality. I think about all my relationships with people, my goals, my expectations and I look forward.

I have been trying to not look back so much. I think it is good to reflect, but only for growth and not to dwell. Dwelling leads to harsh feelings. I am trying to drop all my hard feelings and change.

Having enemies only takes time and effort. Why would I waste my time avoiding people are talking about them when “I don’t even care”. “Not that I care but…” I seem to use that a lot and I need to stop. If I really didn’t care I wouldn’t bring it up.

War stubbornness.
War efforts to bring others down.
War not growing.

-John Salley
The Detroit Pistons

Currently listening:

Candy Lion

No comments: