Friday, March 7, 2008

Journal.

So I try to post on this as much as I can. I would really like to get a few posts before I start to tell people about The Denver Club. I have been sick for the past few weeks and I am now just starting to feel a little better. We recorded some music the other day and IK have to say it is so easy to get lost in a recording. When i was about 18 I started recording with my bandmate Brent and not until a few weeks ago did it feel as good as when we were just kids with a tape player. There is something so true and raw about talented kids making music together.

I was checking out SnowGhostMusic.com and reading some of their journals today and I actually enjoyed on so much that I posted a reply. They were talking about touring and how it is nothing like people think. I think there was something about a tour bus with a Dairy Queen Blizzard Machine. The truth is touring is hard and something it gets to the point where you just want to get home. But even a tour sleeping in the van is worth it for connecting with people who enjoy music. It's like living a dream sometimes. http://snowghostmusic.com/blog

One last rant- I am about sick of people. I don't know if it's the weather or what but people are just getting a little out of control. Working at a cafe it is amazing to watch the actions of some. I had this old guy come in the other day and ask for a chai. After making his drink he noticed that I had some extra that I was going to throw out. "What are you going to do with that?" he asked. I said, "Throw it out..." He then asked, "Why don't you just put it in another cup for me then..." I wanted to say, "Because you bought a medium you cheap fucker." but I just said, "I am sorry I can't, it wouldn't be right." The best part is that he acted pissed.

All and all I am ready for spring. I ususally don't worry too much about the cold, but I really would just like to see some sun, and some people out and about. Bring on Lake Michigan.

-Emo Bands

No comments: